The Residence Education team at UConn is a committed, diverse, student-centered staff responsible for the general well-being of UConn's 12,300 resident students. ResEd staff hail from Connecticut to California and as far away as Malaysia and Austria. The Residence Education team at UConn is a highly respected group of professionals who help make supportive and vibrant communities for our residents.
Graduate & Professional Staff Positions
Assistant Residence Hall Directors (ARHDs)
- Graduate students enrolled in the Higher Education Student Affairs Master's program at UConn.
- Live in apartments in the residence halls and provide support to the HallDirector or Assistant Director in the overall administration of services in the respective hall or area.
Hall Directors (HDs)
- Hire, train, and supervise the RAs and ARHDs.
- Most have prior residence hall experience and Master's degrees, and all have offices in their areas.
- Serve as campus resources, educators, advisors, and student conduct officers.
Assistant Directors of Residence Education
- Responsible for a residential area of approximately 2,500 students, 3-6 HDs/CDs and approximately 60 RAs.
- Works with and through his/her staff to better connect students to each other and UConn.
- Masterís degrees and five or more years of full-time residence hall experience.
Working in Residential Life
Working at UConn
2012 UConn Residence Education Staff