The Residence Education team at UConn is a committed, diverse, student-centered staff responsible for the general well-being of UConn's 12,300 resident students. ResEd staff hail from Connecticut to California and as far away as Malaysia and Austria. The Residence Education team at UConn is a highly respected group of professionals who help make supportive and vibrant communities for our residents.
Graduate & Professional Staff Positions
Assistant Residence Hall Directors (ARHDs)
- Graduate students enrolled in the Higher Education Student Affairs Master's program at UConn.
- Provide support to the Hall Director or Assistant Director in the overall administration of services in the respective hall or area.
Hall Directors (HDs)
- Hire, train, and supervise the RAs and ARHDs.
- Most have prior residence hall experience and Master's degrees, and all have offices in their areas.
- Serve as campus resources, educators, advisors, and student conduct officers.
Assistant Directors of Residence Education
- Responsible for a residential area of approximately 2,500 students, 3-6 HDs/CDs and approximately 60 RAs.
- Works with and through his/her staff to better connect students to each other and UConn.
- Masterís degrees and five or more years of full-time residence hall experience.
Working in Residential Life
Working at UConn
2012 UConn Residence Education Staff