Talk to Residential Life
Monday - Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Visit: Rome Commons, Ground Floor (Map)
Housing Selection Central
Your one-stop-shop for housing selection information!
Housing Selection Tutorials & Information
Current class standing determines the order in which students select a room. Seniors select first, followed by juniors, then sophomores, and then freshmen. Within class standing, students select rooms in random order. Class standing by credits is as follows:
- Seniors - 86+ credits
- Juniors - 54-85 credits
- Sophomores - 24-53 credits
- Freshmen - 0-23 credits
Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Fall 2013 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Can’t Select At Your Time?
Students unable to go online at their scheduled time have two options.
- Option 1: Enter MyHousing at a later time on December 9th or 10th to make your selection, or
- Option 2: Request a proxy to enter housing selection at your scheduled time and select a space for you. To request a proxy, email email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your selection time asking for Residential Life staff to serve as your proxy. The email must include the following:
- Email Subject: Proxy Request
- Full name
- Student ID Number (PeopleSoft number)
- Selection date/time
- Rank ordered list of at least four halls/areas or room types you would hope to select. A staff member will enter the housing selection at your scheduled time to pick a room on your behalf.
Housing Selection Tips!
- Limited Selection – The extremely high demand for housing has left very little available.
Housing Selection Timeline
||Spring 2013 Housing Selection begins
|December 10th – 11:59 PM
||Spring 2013 Housing Selection ends
Residential Life can only verity the accuracy of information on our own website and materials. Information obtained elsewhere may not be accurate.
We encourage students who have questions to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact us!
Department of Residential Life
Rome Commons, Ground Floor
626 Gilbert Road Extension, Unit 1022
Storrs, CT 06269
Phone: (860) 486-2926
Monday - Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
Don’t Have a Roommate?
Students do not need a roommate to select a space on-campus, but if you would like to connect with other students looking for a roommate, visit UConn's ResLife Roommate Page in Facebook!